next1000 is a partnership of individuals, churches and organizations actively committed to planting one thousand new Australian churches. The initial gathering of the network was called together in August this year by Steve Addison, of CRM Australia, Tim O’Neill (Ignite), Steve Hall and Wayne Krause. 30 people gathered in Sheffield, Tasmania to map out a vision for an Australian church planting movement.
next1000 now has a web site, www.next1000.org, with networking information and resources for church planting. Steve sets out the vision for next 1000 in his free downloadable e-book, available from the web site.
The framework for the next1000 vision spills out of the CRM Matrix Church Planting Movement process that birthed ‘Seeds of Hope’. The eight key factors identified for strategic development are:
- Leading: casting vision for church planting movements
- Recruiting: finding the leaders we need now
- Selecting: choosing the right people
- Coaching: empowering church planters
- Equipping: training church planters and their teams
- Farming: growing the leaders of the future
- Parenting: enabling healthy churches to reproduce
- Sustaining: funding a church planting movement
The next event in the next1000 movement is a national summit being held at Stanwell Tops, south of Sydney, February 28 – March 2, 2007.
Pre-summit Coach Training February 27 – 28, 2007. Liam Glover from NCD Australia will equip coaches in the application of Natural Church Development to church planting. Steve Addison will lead a workshop on coaching church planters.