One of the best tools we’ve come across to help you understand your community is the capacity to generate a customised Regional Profile for any area within Queensland. The document draws on ABS Census data along with a number of other sources and is offered by the Queensland Government Statisticians Office.
The process is a simple one, taking only around five minutes to define the area you are interested in, and then produce the report ready for downloading in PDF format.
Options (apart from defining the geographic area of interest) including choosing what sorts of data you want to consider, with choices including:
- Demographic data including gender, age, language, culture, dwelling, family
- Society including education, volunteer, socio-economic indicators
- Economy including rent, income, employment, occupation, remoteness indicators
- Industry development including building approvals, residential sales
- Environment including protected park areas